Saturday, April 17, 2010

Profound 'Environmental' Patriot

Nathan Hall, Berea College    (My cousin-in-law)
Inspiring Vision for a New World: Rural Economies as Sustainable Pioneers

Nathan will visit: Argentina, India, Austria, Hungary, Bosnia and Herzegovina

"The global community is inextricably linked, both in problems and brave new solutions. We are increasingly more vulnerable to a non-local food network that is poisonous both to ourselves and our environment. Addiction to fossil-based energy is ravaging our landscape while causing irreversible harm to the climate. As a Watson Fellow, I will immerse myself in localized solutions to the world’s most pressing problems. I will enrich my global understanding while gaining a new take on the ills that plague my native coalfield, Appalachia."  - Nathan Hall, 2009
 
Nathan is a Thomas J. Watson Fellow for 2010. Click this link to find out more

No comments: